Add new tracking methods with custom URLs in Magento, disable default tracking methods and make tracking links in emails clickable for your customers. All using the Custom Carrier Trackers extension by XTENTO.
Out of the box, Magento only offers three tracking methods: UPS, USPS and FedEx. That’s often not enough. In case you want to add custom tracking methods to Magento, because you’re shipping using a custom carrier for example and want your customers to be able to track their orders shipped using these custom carriers, this extension is what you’re looking for.
This extension gives you the ability to set up ten new tracking methods in Magento. You don’t have to set up ten new trackers in Magento – just set up the new trackers you need. The carrier/tracking name and the tracking URL is freely configurable, you can make it say whatever you want.
The tracking number gets replaced in the tracking URL automatically, just use the#TRACKINGNUMBER# variable and the actual tracking number will show up in the tracking URL. It is also possible to output the recipients postcode in the tracking URL by using the #ZIP# variable. No need to use the non-trackable default “Custom” tracker anymore.
Also, by setting up the carriers tracking URL, you will give your customers the ability to track their orders directly from the shipment email they receive. This very important feature does not work out of the box in Magento.
It is also possible to disable and hide all or some of the default Magento tracking methods (UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL) using this extension.
- Adds 10 new completely generic trackers in Magento
- Each tracker is freely configurable, change the name and tracking URL as required
- Tracking number and postcode get replaced in the tracking URL automatically
- Give your customers the ability to track their order directly from the shipment email
- “Track Order” link in the Magento admin links to tracking URL and not the tracking popup
- “Track Order” in customer account section shows tracking link
- Comes with a list of known tracking URLs of popular carriers (see below for list)
- Default Magento tracking methods can be disabled and hidden
- Simple installation – upload and use!
This extension is also compatible with our Simplify Bulk Order Processing andTracking Number Import extensions. Custom tracking methods added using this extension can be used for bulk shipping and imported tracking numbers.
An example tracking URL used for a custom tracking method with a replaceable tracking number variable would be: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=#TRACKINGNUMBER#
The recipients postcode can be output in the tracking URL as well. Just use the #ZIP# variable. Example tracking URL: http://www.postnlpakketten.nl/klantenservice/tracktrace/basicsearch.aspx?lang=nl&B=#TRACKINGNUMBER#&P=#ZIP#
Screenshot: Shipment E-Mail with clickable tracking links