Use the Magento order number as the related invoice, shipment and credit memo number.
Consistent order, invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers
By default, Magento assigns a separate number to orders and related documents (invoices, shipments and credit memos). Once installed, this extension ensures that when a new invoice, shipment or credit memo is created, it will always take the same number as the associated order.
For example, for order #1000, the associated invoice would be #1000, the shipment (if applicable) also #1000, and credit memo (if applicable) also #1000. This is a simple and popular approach for tidy record keeping and easy document identification.
Automatic duplicate separation
In the event of multiple invoices, shipments or credit memos associated with the same order, a duplicate separator will be used. For example, the first invoice would be #1000-1, the second #1000-2, the third #1000-3, and so on.
• New invoices, shipments and credit memos are automatically assigned the same number as the related order
• Automatic duplicate separation in the event of multiple invoices, shipments and/or credit memos associated with the same order
• Does not change any historical data – only future invoices, credit memos and shipments will be changed
Want to take it further? Our Order Number Customiser extension provides the ability to fully customise order, invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers using any combination of letters, numbers and dates.
Installation and Configuration
Refer to both documents below for instructions:
• The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Fooman Same Order Invoice Number Instructions
• If you use Magento below 1.4.4, please use version 1.0.4 of this extension (see the releases tab)
Please note that support is included for Enterprise customers only.
For the free community version of the extension, feel free to contact us at email@example.com to report any suspected bugs. However please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice via our support email address – see our general FAQ for more details. If an error still persists after following the troubleshooting advice above, please either contact your Magento developer, purchase our professional installation service from theour website, or disable the extension.
A changelog is available on the Fooman website.