Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships, they have fewer employees than a regular-sized business or corporation.The big companies always have the big and professional marketing team, what small businesses hard to get.
But the small businesses also need to do marketing and promote the products/services as well as the medium-big businesses. That’s why this article has been wrote, this article will bring to you some use advices that can helps you to implement the better marketing strategies, to make the spread of your products is much better.
1/ Build a website
Website is your online storefront, so a well designed website is essential for your business, whether you’re selling products or offering services.
The beginning step to build an ecommerce website:
- Decide and choose a domain name and a TLD (Top Level Domain) for your site
- Buy your domain name through a domain registrar like GoDaddy, Squaresspace, etc…
- Choose an established Content Management System (CMS) to manage your website’s content. This will allow you to manage your site’s content without easily
Primary goals of your website
- To clearly communicate your company’s value and services
- To stay relevant
- To update your website frequently with blog posts, current events, new offers and company news to keep consumers coming back to the site
You should choose a website platform that has a large and growing user base because large community means huge amounts of developers, agencies, and businesses contributing to the forward momentum of the platform. You can discover how to create a good ecommerce website for small company.
2/ Optimize for mobile
Here are some reasons that why mobile-friendly website is needed for business today:
- There are more global mobile users than desktop users
- Half of total website traffic comes from mobile
- Users are using their devices frequently, but at shorter intervals
- 93% of people who use their mobile device to do research, will buy
- Most mobile searches have local intent
- They allow you to target information to suit people who are on the go
- Google ranks a website higher if it’s optimized for mobile viewing
- Social media shares are huge on mobile
- Mobile advertising is less obtrusive
Some advices for small business:
Use responsive design: it helps your site will automatically adjust when it senses the type of device it’s being viewed on. While optimizing website for mobile, navigation should be your main priority and optimize your site load time by compressing images.
Make sure that your business is easy to find on mobile search engines by utilizing an effective SEO strategy. You will want to make sure as much of your strategy focuses on the local user. What you should have accessible: phone number, address, logo, website URL, and a short description of company
3/ Social media marketing
Social media is the biggest and easiest way to get your business out there. According to Clutch’s survey, in 2016 an additional 18% of small businesses plan to engage in digital marketing activities. By 2017 or later, 70% of small businesses plan to implement a digital marketing strategy.
Small businesses choose social media as their digital marketing channel of choice for 2016. In fact, 70% of small businesses currently use or plan to use social media in 2016.
- Target your customers where they hang out on social media
- Don’t be afraid to sell direct online
- Use stunning imagery to grab customers’ attention
- Market to your customers how they like to be marketed to
- Hire a marketing agency so you can do more of what you love
4/ Search Engine Optimization – SEO
SEO requires a strong mix of many tactics such as: Web design, technical on page SEO, public relations, content creation, link building, social media, local listing claiming…
Google has reduced it’s “local pack” from 7 listings to 3 so you need to make sure that you are ranked well.
- Focus on some of basics such as quality web design, a blog for content creation, social media, and local listing.
- Claiming all your local listing sites like Google Places is critical for local search, which is a cornerstone.
- See more SEO tips for Magento website at Magento basic SEO tips or find the common mistakes of SEO for Magento 2
5/ Write your blog
Blogs generate more leads, give your consumers something more to look at and drive more traffic to your site. Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads.
- 81% US consumers trust advice and information from blogs.
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post.
- 14% of bloggers earn a salary through blogging.
- Blogs are a great place to provide extra content, find your customers, build relationships with your customers, position your value and in the end, generate sales.
- Add a share button to your post