Speedster – Magento Extensions
- Speeds up your store, delivering an improved customer experience
- Reduces the total size of files to be loaded as well as the number of HTTP requests, for both empty and primed caches
- Compresses files without requiring gzip support on your server
- Multi store capable
- Uses the Minify library by Steve Clay (released under a BSD license)
Fooman Speedster is now controlled by an advanced self testing framework. You can only enable Speedster once the configuration has been set up correctly and all self tests run successfully.
Fooman Speedster works out of the box using an Apache platform run on Linux. In addition:
- Mod_rewrite (a standard Apache module installed by default on most Linux servers) must be enabled
- .htaccess must be supported
- CSS images must be available under the same domain as the store
Several developers have also successfully installed Fooman Speedster on different platforms by adapting the installation process. For further reading see the ISAPI2 and Nginx threads.
Is Fooman Speedster Right for my Store?
- Your store already contains minified files
- Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) – although a workaround is provided in the instructions, almost 100% of reported errors are from stores which also use Jquery