There is undeniable fact that, almost recent years, product videos have dominated marketing field and it comes as no surprise that the popularity of video will continue to rise in 2017. The evident for our statement is:
- YouTube becomes almost a third of the Internet population with over a billion users.
- On mobile devices, users spend more than 40 minutes on average for watching videos.
- It’s estimated that content delivery network traffic will deliver over half of all internet video traffic by 2019.
A lot of Ecommerce platform providers have seen the benefit from this trend and released a variety of product video extension to satisfy the market demand. One of the best product among hundred ones is Magento 2 product video extension from Netbase team. This is the trendy, effective and powerful tool for uploading the individual video for any product from local or URL (Youtube, Dailymotion, Twitch, and Vimeo) to enhance customer shopping experience. In this article, I will figure out the way you can combine Magento 2 product video extension to your marketing strategies
Start video marketing with Magento 2 product video extension
- Creating a series of product video: according to a survey, the appropriate time for a video should never excess 10 minutes. Remember that showing information short and the most effective way because with a long product video, 35% of users never watch 66% the time of the video. The smart strategy for product video is attracting visitors right at the 5 first seconds and don’t forget to add your slogan. In case you have too much information conveyed, let’s make several videos rather than just a long one. It’s a great idea to build anticipation and make it easier to digest the content
- No autoplay: You think autoplay will bring your visitors convenience but not all of them like autoplay as you thought, so avoid it or set it as the option, if customers want, they can turn on that function by a button. Allow them to click PLAY only when they are good and ready.
- Including a call to action (CTA): Sharing videos and people watch them, accept them; however, that is not enough for you to reach success. Your product video will make sense to marketing strategies if it encourages customers to take action. You can deal with this task by three ways: Vocal Call to Action, Text Call to Action and Call-to-Action Button.
- Adding a personal touch: You do not need to be brand related every time in product video, it may be boring and even in some cases, it annoys your viewers. One of the smartest marketing strategies is focusing on a highly personal issue first and then putting their brand to the second focus.
From branded videos to animated GIFS, product video marketing is on the rise. If you want to stay ahead of the competition, never forget to consider adding product video to your marketing strategy